To-Do Tuesday Linky #58 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 58th linky party post and the 178th weekly to-do list. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of September 8th through 14th:
- Back to work on the red/white/blue runner – √ done
- Start appliquéing a flower power runner – √ done
- Decide on the quilting design for Wonky Wonk – √ done
The red/white/blue runner was hanging out on the design wall for a bit. In front of our face, that meant it wasn’t to be forgotten about. It is nearly the end of the third quarter and it is one of the goals.
I’m calling our newest table runner Flower Power as it reminds me of the designs from the 70s. Starting with the very center of the flowers, appliqueing went very quickly. These centers were then appliqued onto coordinating pedals for our Flower Power island runner.
After doing some searching on Pinterest and losing at least a half-day doing so, I finally settled on “Organic Wavy Lines” for Wonky Wonk. I really like this idea that I found on the Bonjour Quilts blog website.
Originally, I thought I wanted the wavy lines in both directions but after seeing the simplicity of this quilting design one direction is enough.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. Now that a quilting design plan has been selected I can begin executing it.
To-Do for the week of September 15th through 21st:
- Continue working on the Flower Power runner
- Layer and quilt the Easter hexagon topper
- Start quilting Wonky Wonk
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and will surely find some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!