To-Do Tuesday #74 and Weekly List Update
Join us today for the 74th linky party post and the 194th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. It’s also the very first one for 2021! We had 26 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do December 29th through January 4th:
- Finish the Light-Blue Batik baby quilt – √ Done
- Work on the pretty, mood-altering 4-Patch Plus quilt – √ Done
- Sew the most recent Pieces From the Past Double Cross block – √ Done
- Get ready for the SAHRR – √ Done
The Light-Blue Batik baby quilt is complete as of last month and linked up with Patty as our December 2020 OMG project. I shared a post about it last week if you’d care to read all the details. Our newest great-nephew-to-be, due in March, will be enjoying the quilt soon.
Ahhhh. Advancing our 4-Patch Plus quilt (pattern called Pinwheels Patches) was an easy priority for the week. All of the pieces are on the design wall now for all four rows. Sorting out the fabrics for the remaining nine blocks was imperative so that we didn’t end up with too many of the same fabric in the last section.
We have finished the 17th block in Melva’s Pieces From the Past sew-along. The block, called Double Cross Quilt, was released on December 23rd and I feel quite smug having it completed already. We’re usually much more last minute, as in just before the next block is released. There are only three more blocks to go! Melva has released the layout already but we’re not sure of what sashing we’ll use so we’re going to wait until all 20 blocks are finished to decide.
The launch party for the SAHRR (Stay-At-Home Round-Robin) starts officially on January 11th. I shared a post last week with some details . . . have you been thinking about joining us? Quilting Gail also shared more details about the round-robin. All you need is a center block you’d like to feature to start. We’ll share our center block on Monday plus there will be a linky party to share your block choice.
It seems like we JUST finished our December OMG project by the skin of our teeth (which we did), and now it’s time to pick one for January. This month, we will focus on the 4-Patch Plus and get it to the finished quilt top stage. We will link this project up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and her January One Monthly Goal linky party.
To-Do January 5th through 11th
- Share out center block for SAHRR!
- Continue advancing 4-Patch Plus
- Find the fabrics for the January Color Block – purple
- Find some pink fabrics for the RSC block(s)
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Click here for the To-Do #74 Tuesday linky party!
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration plus a squirrel project or two.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page where you can share photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!