To-Do Tuesday #71 and Weekly List Update
Join us today for the 71st linky party post and the 191st weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 31 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.” Just two more linky parties for us to host in 2020 – can you believe that?!
To-Do December 8th through 14th:
- Start cutting and sewing 4-Patch Plus – √ Done
- Work on the Pink Herringbone runner – √ Done
- Keep the OMG project in timeout until it decides to cooperate – √ Done
I was sewing HSTs like crazy for the Pinwheels Patches that we’re calling 4-Patch Plus. Once the initial half-square triangles were made and trimmed we realized that more were need. Oops! Back to the sewing board where additional HSTs were made and then trimmed.
All the blocks of the Pink Herringbone runner have been sewn together into rows, and the first four rows have also been sewn together. Of course, a picture wasn’t procured so you’ll have to enjoy this photo from the initial layout on the design wall.
I’m starting to lose my sewing mojo a bit as we get closer to the holidays. This fourth-quarter goal may not get complete based on my interest in sewing but don’t tell Sue!
During my work week, I had wild dreams about taking the light-blue batik baby quilt out of the timeout. That timeout was for both of us. I can only speak for myself, but I did spend a fair amount of time trying to think about my behavior and how it should be modified. Thank you for your suggestions! Maybe next weekend I’ll give the ruler quilting another shot . . . maybe. Anything to avoid these skipped stitches and more broken thread.
This month, we will be working on the light-blue batik baby quilt as we mentioned above in to-do #3. The backing has been found, layering is complete, and quilting has sort of commenced. We did link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts earlier this month and we thank her for the linky party and inspiration.
To-Do December 15th through 21st:
- Make some Christmas cookies and possibly fudge??
- Sew the Corner Star block for Pieces From the Past SAL
- Start thinking about the Stay-At-Home-Round-Robin which starts January 1st!
- That’s it – that’s all I’ve got for this week
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Click for the To-Do Tuesday #71 Linky party
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration and maybe my lost sewing mojo.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!