To-Do Tuesday #70 and Weekly List Update
Join us today for the 70th linky party post and the 190th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 27 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.” There are only three linky parties for us to host in 2020 – can you believe that?!
To-Do December 1st through 7th:
- Decide on the December OMG – √ Done
- Sew the rows of the light blue blocks into a quilt top – √ Done
- Hopefully, receive the fabrics for 4-Patch Plus – √ Done
To-Do #1 and #2
Not only did we select our December OMG (one monthly goal) project but we shared a post with all the details last Friday. The light-blue baby quilt made with batik fabric has been chosen to wrap up 2020 as our last goal. The rows have been sewn together and a border added but I guess we forgot to take a photo.
I even started quilting this baby quilt over the weekend but I had thread issues. Rethreading the machine, a new needle, and lowering the ruler foot were tried to no avail. Large areas of skipped stitches – it’s annoying but I sure would welcome any suggestions to correct it.
Finally, I just set the whole project aside. Thankfully, to-do #3 was able to provide a nice diversion.
These pretty 1930 reproduction fabrics just arrived in the knick of time from Missouri Star Quilt Company. We decided we’re going to make our own version of Pinwheels Patches that we’re calling 4-Patch Plus. Of course, to make the pinwheels we need to make some HSTs (half-square triangles).
Also gracing our design wall in the aftermath of along weekend is this Pink Herringbone table runner to-be. While the HSTs had been sewn a few weeks ago, they finally found themselves trimmed and place into a pleasing layout. This is another project that needs to be finished as a fourth-quarter goal.
This month, we will be working on the light-blue batik baby quilt as we mentioned above. That includes finding a backing, layering, and quilting once all the rows were sewn together. We did link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and we thank her for the linky party and inspiration.
To-Do December 1st through 7th:
- Start cutting and sewing 4-Patch Plus
- Work on the Pink Herringbone runner
- Keep the OMG project in timeout until it decides to cooperate
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Click for the To-Do Tuesday #70 Linky party
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!