To-Do Tuesday #69 and Weekly List Update
Join us for the 69th linky party post and the 189th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 35 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.” This linky party is opening early again this week because of tomorrow’s blog hop!
To-Do for the week of November 24th through 30th:
- Decide and finish quilting the Alaska Postcard runner – √ Done
- Sew the Maple Leaf block – √ Done
- Start sewing the rows together for the Light Blue baby quilt – √ Done
♥ ♥ ♥
Last Saturday, our giveaway for two sets of International Sister blocks closed, and two winners were drawn. After notifying each winner and receiving a confirming response with their address, the winners are:
- ***Jan at Cocoa Quilts, who requested her set be sent to Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing who is putting some quilts together for charity ~smile~
- Michele at 3 Poodles and a Nana and who “never” wins anything ~smile~
You will see our Sisterhood quilt top and the blocks that will be making their way to
Jan Kathleen and Michele by clicking the link.
Last week I shared two potential choices for quilting the Alaska Postcard table runner. I really like the idea of the ruler work surrounding each postcard. It wasn’t a design that was friendly to continuous quilting so in the end I just crosshatched it. I wish you could reach into the computer and FEEL all the quilt squishy goodness. It is fabulous!
Melva has an ongoing sew-along called Pieces From the Past. Her most recent block release is called Maple Leaf. If you’re not familiar with the sew-along, Melva has received special permission to share the Kansas City sampler blocks including the original templates published in the newspaper. Along with most block releases she also shares a letter sent to her grandparents after the end of WWII. The history shared from those letters is just priceless and sometimes heartbreaking. Here’s our version of the Maple Leaf.
Now that the end of November is quickly approaching, Sue is on the path to get our ten items complete for the fourth quarter. One of those projects is this baby quilt using light blue batiks. One pitiful row was on the design wall for the week, but with five days off in a row, many more joined it. A quilt top should go together rather quickly and will be next week’s goal.
This month we shot for a two-fer and we scored a big completion. Two table runners were completely quilted and finished. That includes finding a backing, layering, and quilting the last snowman runner for Nicole and the Alaska Postcard runner. We did link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
To-Do December 1st through 7th:
- Decide on the December OMG
- Sew the rows of the light blue blocks into a quilt top
- Hopefully, receive the fabrics for Pinwheel Patches – a 4th quarter deadline quilt
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Click for the To-Do Tuesday linky party!
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!