To-Do Tuesday #67 and Weekly List Update
Join us for the 67th linky party post and the 187th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 30 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of November 10th through 16th:
- Decide on fabric for setting triangles for International Sister blocks – √ Done
- Determine project for Virtual Cookie hop on December 1st – √ Done
- Finish quilting Snowman runner and add binding – √ Done
Sunday, we’ll be having a giveaway that will run for the entire week (11/22 – 11/28) and next week’s linky party will start early as well.
We tried a few different options for the setting triangles for our International Sister blocks. They’ve been hanging out on the design wall for the auditions.
First, we tried a variety of low-value fabrics but we quickly decided those did NOT work. These fabrics are suppose to make the Sister blocks shine, not compete with them.
Then we gave the nice calming solid gray a try and we had a winner. I used EQ8 to figure out what size to cut these triangles. It told me 15.35″. What? I rounded up to 15.5″ and that, thankfully, worked out just fine. Later, I found a handy dandy chart on Pinterest. Too bad we didn’t know about this first as we would have cut one triangle for the corners instead of two. Duh!
Sue pulled some snazzy fabrics for our top-secret Virtual Cookie Exchange Blog Hop that starts on December 1st.
I finished all of the quilting on Snowman Table Runner for Nicole. I’ve been slowing working on the binding most of the week. I’ll share all the details with the OMG wrap-up post later this month. To tide you over, here’s a look at the backing and black fabric binding.
This month we are shooting for a two-fer. Two table runners completely quilted and finished. That includes finding a backing, layering, and quilting times two. We will finish the last snowman runner and the Alaska Postcard runner mentioned above. We will also link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
To-Do for the week of November 17th through 23rd:
- Get the Sister blocks into a quilt top!! Giveaway starting Sunday, the 22nd
- Start working on the top-secret Virtual Cookie project
- Seriously determine the Alaska Postcard quilting design – pull out the acrylic board and get drawing, girl
- Don’t forget the Maple Leaf block (Pieces From the Past SAL)
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Here’s the linky party for To-Do Tuesday #66!
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!