Shamrock March OMG Project Selection
How on earth can it be in March 2021 already? It seems like it was just a moment ago we were staying up until midnight to welcome in the new year. While I have been literally counting down the days of each month as they drag by, I also find time is whipping by. Since our newest baby boy addition came in February instead of on his due date of March 3rd, we met our February goal of finishing his baby quilt. I forgot to set a February goal (!!), so I wanted to be sure to not miss March. Patty at Elm Street Quilts hosts a monthly linky party to share your set goal and then another at the end of the month to share the finish. It’s a shamrock kind of month . . .
March Means . . .
- March Madness if you are into basketball . . . we are NOT . . . snore.
- Spring!! The Spring equinox is Saturday, March 20th. In the midwest, that date often has little to no meaning because we have had many “Spring” snowstorms.
- Worm Moon! I’ll bet you’ve never heard of a Worm Moon before. March marks the end of winter, which is the first time earthworms start coming out of the ground.
- Birthdays! We have some special birthdays this month like Miki, Mark, Jaxon, and Colt (great-niece and great-nephews) and friends like Mary and Darlene. My sister-in-law turns a young 87-years-old and if my dad was alive, he’d be 110. Yowza! I still miss him every day.
- St. Patrick’s Day! It’s a holiday celebrated by many whether they are Irish or not. The City of Chicago has dyed the Chicago River green which is very festive.
- Shamrock shakes at McDonald’s
Hmm, what should we focus on now since it’s March?! Well, come on . . . I did mention Colt and he is going to be ONE. That would be a good thing, huh?! Instead, we are choosing St. Patrick’s Day and a shamrock. Sue’s sister has requested holiday table runners and this is one that has to be finished before mid-March.
Green is one fabric color that we have an abundance to choose from thankfully. Grass green is the traditional St. Patrick’s Day color in my mind since you often find shamrock and four-leaf clover among the grass. Sissy picked out the pattern/design she wanted for her runner and Sue dug through our fabrics.
This pattern requires some appliqué on the shamrock pieces – only three-leaf, I might add. Sue traced the outline on the wrong side of the fabric and I cut out the shapes. Did you ever notice that the cloverleaf looks like a heart?! Hmm.
Shamrock March OMG
To summarize our March One Monthly Goal, we will be making a shamrock table runner for Sue’s sister. We will be linking up with Patty on her website, Elm Street Quilts. By the end of the month, we will have this runner appliquéd, layered, and quilted . . . and given to Sissy. Plus, we will also link up with Patty’s end-of-month linky party.
Vincent’s Garden Blog Hop Continues:
|Vincent’s Garden Blog Hop||2 1/2 Strips Precut||10″ Stack Pack Precut|
|Monday, March 1||Sew Sutton Quilts||Songbird Designs|
|Tuesday, March 2||Okie Skies Quilting||Amy’s Quilt Room|
|Wednesday, March 3||Bea Quilter||Our post and free pattern|
|Thursday, March 4||Dizzy Quilter||Sew Much Charm|
|Friday, March 5||Lizard Creek Quilting||Eye of the Beholder Designs|
|Friday, March 5||Our hostess, Karen Overton,|
who is offering three giveaways:
|The Quilt Rambler|
♥ ♥ ♥