SAHRR A Checkerboard For Round Four
Today it’s time for Round Four and we selected the checkboard block. A couple of our blogger friends and us are hosting a Stay-At-Home Round Robin (SAHRR) quilt. Rather than travel from friend-to-friend for the next row addition, for this version, your quilt stays at home and has the rounds added by you. Want to join in? How do you get started?? You will find links below to our center medallion selection and the first three rounds. Now it’s on the Round Four and the checkerboard block.
We are the hosts for Round Four and our block choice is the checkerboard. We chose the four colors used in the center churn dash for some continuity.
Sue cut 2″ wide strips in each of the four colored fabrics plus a corresponding white strip about 20″ in length. After sewing a colored and white strip together, I pressed them and handed them back to her for sub-cutting.
She diligently made all of the 2″ sub-cuts and it was time for them to be returned back to me for more sewing. The checkerboard block is basically a sweet little four-patch, alternating the two colors back and forth.
We elected to add this round to only the left and right sides of the quilt top. Since we needed 10 blocks for each side, it wasn’t long before we had the 20 little 4-patch 3.5″ blocks complete. Lickety-split they were sewn on. Our quilt top now measures 27.5″ x 30.5″ and it is ready for the fifth round.
SAHRR Blogger Friends & Linky Party
SAHRR linky party – open all week!
This week we have the linky party open all week to share your update! Add your picture and check out what others have shared. Next week, Wendy will share all the details for Round Five.
- Chris @ Chrisknitssews – January 18th – Round One
- Emily @ The Darling Dogwood – January 25th – Round Two
- Anja @ Anja Quilts – February 1st – Round Three
- Us on February 8th – Round Four
- Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life – February 15th – Round Five
- Susan @ Quilt Fabrication – February 22nd – Round Six
- Gail @ Quilting Gail – February 28th – Round Seven
Our SAHRR So Far
- Our elongated Churn-Dash center medallion block
- Round One and piano keys
- Plus Sign blocks are the feature in Round Two
- Round Three hosts a gaggle of Flying Geese
- This week’s checkerboard highlights Round Four
♥ ♥ ♥
Like/follow us on our Facebook page to see what we’re up to and to share photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them! I’ll also be sharing updates on Instagram although sometimes the pictures won’t be quilting related!