One Hundred Days to Go Until . . .
One Hundred Days! There are only 100 days left in 2023. If you do a bit of an internet search, you’ll find bloggers who are offering challenges to help you finish projects in that timeframe. Others, offer ideas of projects you can start and complete in time for the holidays. I’m not doing any of those things! Far be it for me to enable anyone with unplanned squirrel projects. Thank you very much, but I have plenty floating around in my head already. Happy Fall Solstice!
One Hundred Day Song
Instead, I offer up a song that I wager almost everyone knows the words and tune. Can you guess what it is? I’ll officially be humming it starting early tomorrow. Bright and early, before the sun comes up I’ll happily sing . . . are you ready . . . it’s best sung in a round with friends . . .
Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall. Alas, that is not very fitting for a countdown of the remaining days of 2023. Instead, I propose: Ninety-nine days of the year are left, 99 days of the year, spend today however you choose, you’ll still have 98 days of the year. This ditty still needs a little bit of work as I think it ends too abruptly. Think it will catch on? I was going to create a little video, singing it . . . but I will spare your ears.
Beyond One Hundred Days
Did you see we have an informal walking challenge? It’s called the Walk the Walk Challenge. Pretty original, huh?! No, seriously. Cheree and I would love it if you joined us.
What’s the worst thing that could happen if you do join us?
- You will mentally know that some of your quilting friends are cheering you on to increase your steps each day or meet your goal.
- You will avoid neck and shoulder issues from sewing or quilting too long because you really should move a bit every hour
- You will sleep better because you won’t be able to go to sleep without having met or trying to meet your goal for the day
- You will be releasing endorphins that make you happy so your friends and family will be wondering what you’re up to
- You may just start an epidemic of movement in your circle of peeps because everyone you know will want to join in
What’s the worst thing that could happen if you don’t join us?
- Nothing! We are not going to shame anyone.
We know going in that there WILL BE days that we don’t meet our goal. And you know what? Nothing will happen. The world will still revolve around the sun. Quite honestly, you can lie and say you’re joining us and then lie about your daily or weekly stats. We’ll never know!
One Hundred Days Wrap-Up
I’ve been wanting to use this cute little meme since I found it on November 5, 2022. It’s a fitting wrap-up to a post about one hundred days, don’t you think?
Happy Saturday to you. Have a wonderful and safe weekend. See you on Monday for our regularly scheduled to-do list. By then, we’ll be down to only 98 days left to go. ~humming~
♥ ♥ ♥
Check our sidebar for our Linky Parties page on our website for more quilting fun. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and our Etsy shop to see what we’re up to. I’ll also be sharing updates on Instagram.